Tuesday 22 May 2012

The Body Shop ColourGlide Lipstick Review and Swatches: Pink Ginger

I was rummaging through my ever-growing collection of lipsticks the other day, and I realised that I have a countless number of red lipsticks, an umpteen amount of nude lipsticks and even some brown lipsticks, but very few pink shades. I suppose this is because although pink is undoubtedly my favourite colour, I seem to shy away from pink-coloured makeup as I feel it doesn't suit my skin tone very well. Nevertheless, I was passing The Body Shop the next day, and decided to go in and have a little snoop around. Well, I didn't just snoop around of course! I ended up spending just over £40 (I'm a sucker for marketing and sales people who seem to know what they're talking about).

Anway, today I'll be reviewing The Body Shop ColourGlide lipstick in Pink Ginger, which caught my eye as it seemed the perfect pink shade for my lips. The sales lady informed me that this colour is very popular, and it appeared to be so as there was only one left on the shelf. It was priced at £9.00 but I received a 10% discount with my The Body Shop card.


14 PINK GINGER

On first application, it felt very smooth and glided on quite easily. There was no overpowering fragrance or taste. The colour comes on rather sheer, but it can be built up easily to a desired shade which is why I believe this lip colour would suit most skin tones. The texture is neither matte nor glossy, but somewhere in between, so it isn't too drying on the lips and neither is it overly shiny or sticky.  I had it on for four-five hours without the colour fading, so this lipstick has good lasting power. What I really like about this lipstick is that it is extremely moisturising, making my lips feel super-soft, and it suited my skin tone very well.





I think this is a great lipstick, and would definitely repurchase. I would also like to try this in different colours. 

RATING: 8/10





1 comment:

  1. thank you, this review was really helpful, xx

    ReplyDelete