Wednesday 4 July 2012

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Blemish Stick: Review

I've been a bundle of nerves lately, for reasons which I won't disclose just yet! Certain things are taking place in my life right now, and it's totally nerve-racking, exciting and ever so slightly stressful. I always endeavor to retain my composure under such circumstances, before my skin decides to go haywire and erratic on me! As soon as I become over-excited, nervous, or stressed, and I need my face looking clear and flawless, my skin never fails to betray me- and this really gets under my skin (please excuse the pun)!


So, when I received a certain news the other day, my heart did a break-dance, my nerves had a mini breakdown, and not so long after- my face had a breakout. Great. Just-frigging-great. Can a girl not experience a little excitement without unwanted, uninvited blemishes raining on her parade? Pppppffttt!


So, with the not-so-little buggers erupting all over my face, I had to start taking extra care of my skin- drinking lots more water, exfoliating everyday, and eating more fruit and veg. But I also needed something to directly attack these buggers face-to-face, one-to-one, man-on-man...err, ok you get my drift...




I came across this blemish stick, containing tea tree oil and witch hazel, in Boots. Witch hazel has disinfectant properties, which can eliminate bacteria and thus reducing inflammation. Tea tree also possesses anti-inflammatory properties which can help eliminate blemishes and reduce spot size. I purchased this immediately.




On opening, the astringent smell is rather overpowering- the witch hazel and tea tree is quite evident in its smell. I applied the product onto clean skin, over the blemishes, and it did make my eyes and nose sting a little so would not be appropriate to apply anywhere near the eye, especially if you have sensitive skin.




Although the actual stick appears blue, it applies clear and invisible onto the skin. It has a cooling effect once applied, and seems to have an immediate drying effect where it is applied, but I assume this is how it works on the blemishes- by drying out the spots and thus causing them to shrink in size. I prefer to use this after cleansing in the evening, so that it may work overnight. And work it does! I noticed a reduction in spot size and the blemishes appeared less the next morning. This product is certainly my new spotty-skin saviour!


I would definitely recommend this product, as I have been using this for the past few days and have noticed a difference. Those buggers don't seem to stand a chance against this! Costing only £2.59, you get more product than what you pay for- this blemish stick would last a very long time. It can be applied as often as you feel, and great for those random, unexpected spots that appear out of the blue when you least expect it. Dirty, miserable buggers. 


Of course, you can just use a bottle of witch hazel in liquid form and a small bottle of tea tree essential oil to apply to your blemishes with some cotton wool or buds, but it wouldn't be very practical and would be time-consuming to apply. This product is a great size and easy to carry in your handbag and practical for constant use.


I will be repurchasing this product, whenever it runs out!






RATING: 8.5/10

2 comments:

  1. Does your blog have a contact page? I'm having problems locating it but, I'd like to send you an e-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.
    Review my site :: bath splash guards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya. My email is fahima124@gmail.com

    Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you :)



    Fahima.

    ReplyDelete