Sunday 15 July 2012

Korres Sunflower & Evening Primrose Eyeshadows in Brun and Bronze Brown : Review & Swatches

*ACCHHOOOOO!* My immune system seems to hate me, lately. Well, right back at it pppffttt. I had only just begun to recover from my previous attack of cold and flu, that its ugly head made a reappearance once again, before I could even dispose of  the heaping pile of tissues in the bin next to my bed. GRRR.


I was on the tube the other day, when I erupted in a series of sneezes. Thank God, I had tissues on me...otherwise, well you can imagine what... Anyway, whilst most passengers around me continued to act all nonchalant and were polite enough to not show the worry on their faces that they too will now be catching my germs (I'm sure they were throwing curses at me in their heads), one elderly lady sitting opposite me smiled at me pitifully and said, "Bless you, dear." I muttered my thanks in between some more sneezes and sat there staring at the floor, silently praying my sneezing stops. The lady continued to 'bless me' a couple more times, laughing nervously, until even she politely begun to ignore me. I actually felt sorry for myself. *Sigh* But more to the point...is it not so awkward when a stranger on the train/tube/bus says something nice to you, or offers you a seat, or something, and then you don't quite know how you should behave with them the rest of the journey? I didn't know if I should smile at the nice lady every time I looked up. Should I have struck a conversation? Or made a joke even? (I couldn't crack one to save my life.) Should I have said bye and wished her a lovely day when she was getting ready to get off at the station? Well, I didn't. In my defense- I COULDN'T. I was sneezing.


Well, that's why I've been away from blogging for over a week. Stress doesn't just cause havoc on my skin, it seeks to destroy me immune system too. I've also been fairly busy the past week. But enough of the excuses, and more about this post. I am reviewing two Korres Sunflower and Evening Primrose eyeshadows in shades #36 Brun and #31 Bronze Brown.



Korres products are made from natural ingredients, free from parabens and synthetic fragrances. Both these shades provide a nice sheen and are quite silky and velvety to touch. However, the colours need to be built up to achieve a darker shade. I had to apply a few layers to achieve the colours in the swatches below:



Aren't the colours lovely?! I had expected the eyeshadows to have a lot more pigmentation, but it failed to live up to my expectations. Although the pigmentation isn't THAT bad, it isn't that great either- but as I said, the colour can be bulit up so both these shades can work for a day time look or an evening, smokey-eye look. The eyeshadows blend easily, lasting all day (I had applied these over a primer) and are crease-resistant. 


I had purchased these eyeshadows as part of a set from StrawberryNET, as I had mentioned in one of my previous posts HERE. However, I would not purchase again as I own better and have used better eyeshadows in the past. Although I love both these colours, the pigmentation lets these eyeshadows down. Saying that, I will continue to use the shadows and I'm sure they will last a pretty long time.




RATING: 4/10

2 comments: