Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask: Review

I wish I had a passion for cooking. I am a creative person; I love scrapbooking, writing, decorating and even doodling (does that count?), but when it comes to cooking...well, I just find it soooo boring! You place your ingredients in a pan, waiting for it to boil or whatever, and then you have nothing to do but to stare mindlessly into space...tedious. Absolutely tedious. Don't get me wrong- my cooking skills DO extend beyond baked beans and scrambled eggs, and I DO look real cute in an apron and over-sized oven gloves. I DO know the ABC of cooking (a certain somebody I know once tried washing rice with washing up liquid- seriously), and people DO enjoy eating whatever I make- I just didn't inherit the cooking gene from my mother, who was able to cook scrumptious meals, delicious snacks and mouth-watering desserts...and actually enjoyed it! I think I inherited my dad's lack of patience gene instead. And cooking requires bundles of patience.

However, I do enjoy creating fresh, home made face masks with whatever ingredients I have lying around in my kitchen, pampering myself once a week. Common household food items such as honey, turmeric powder, milk, yoghurt, lemon and even tea can be combined and converted into nourishing face masks. Cheap and cheerful. But for the lazy days when I can't be bothered to make anything, I bought a tub of 'Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask' from The Body Shop.


The main ingredients in this product are: 
Organic honey- this soothes and moisturises the skin
Oatmeal- gently exfoliates
Kaolin clay- draws out impurities

This 3-in-1 scrub mask is described as a cleanser, polisher and moisturiser in one, however I don't find this product coarse enough to be a scrub and although it is very moisturising, I do still need to use a moisturiser after washing. Nevertheless, it is a BRILLIANT face mask! I find this mask gives the same results as a home made face mask, and works best on normal/combination/dry skin. If you have oily skin, this product is probably not for you.


The texture of this mask is thick and creamy, with grains of oatmeal which are soft and gentle on the skin. It instructs you to leave the mask on for 10 minutes, however I prefer to leave it on for longer as it feels so good on my face! On first application, my skin stung a little, but this turned into a tingling sensation and did not become uncomfortable or aggravate my skin. What I like about this mask is that it does not dry and become stiff on your face, making it easier to wash off. I suggest using a cloth to wipe off the mask before washing the face, as it can be a little messy to clean off. I love how my skin looks and feels after this mask- it's as though I've had a facial done at a spa. The end results are glowing and radiant skin! My face feels refreshed, deeply-cleansed and baby-soft!



The only concern I initially had with this product was that I found its smell extremely overpowering. It has a strong smell off porridge and honey, but I've become used to it now and I'm actually starting to like the smell! I also wished the packaging was a little different, for hygiene purposes- a squeezy tube would have been more ideal.

I recommend this face mask to anybody with normal-dry skin, as it is very moisturising on the skin. If you are sensitive to smell, then you may have to give this product a miss, however if you can overcome this, it is most definitely worth it! I do not recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin, as the tingling and slight stinging sensation may aggravate the skin. This product costs £9 from The Body Shop, but a little does go a long away and this tub will last a while- I get greedy with this and apply a thick layer all over my face; I've used this mask several times and still have lots left of it. I will be repurchasing this product once I have run out of it.

All this oats and honey talk has made me hungry now. I think I'll go and cook some porridge...



RATING: 8/10






2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice product ...would try it sooon..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I definitely recommend it! Do let me know how you find it :)

      Delete