Sunday 17 June 2012

Snoozing Slacking Sundays! What I get up to...

Sundays are all about me Me ME! I usually get the house to myself so I love to spend the day at home. So what do I get up to on my own?!

BE LAZY- I wake up around 10am, and don't get out of bed until 11-11.30am. I lay in bed, talk to and/or message friends (or try and wind up Siri- yes, I'm sad like that. And no, I'm not 10 years old). I'll have BBC Asian Network radio station playing in the background whilst I check my facebook and instagram on my iPhone, and read the latest blog entries on my favorite beauty blogs.

BREAKFAST- Usually breakfast would be something luxurious: baked beans on toast, scrambled eggs, potato waffles and some cucumber slices, along with a glass of orange juice followed by a mug of steaming vanilla latte. Mmmmm... But since I've been on a mission to lose a stone, breakfast lately has been not so indulging: a small bowl of Kellog's Fruit 'n Fibre cereal with semi-skimmed milk, and a cup of white tea. *Sigh*. 

OIL MY HAIR- I oil my hair every Sunday. My hair deserves some pampering. I mix 2/3 castor oil with 1/3 coconut oil, warm it up in the microwave and massage into my hair and scalp. I wrap one of those turban towels around my head and leave it on for the rest of the day. Castor oil is soooo amazing for the hair! It reduces shedding, increases shine and makes my hair feel so much more healthier and stronger. It even makes your eyelashes grow longer if applied on them every night! However, castor oil is rather sticky on its own, so you need to mix it with another oil to make it easier to massage into the hair and scalp.

REORGANIZE  MY BEDROOM- I enjoy reorganizing bits and bobs around my bedroom. Either my clothes, my ever-growing shoe collection, jewellery, bookshelf or my makeup collection- I love to rearrange and find things I'd forgotten I had! It gets me excited, as though it's a new purchase all over again!


This is a pic of one corner of my bedroom. Yes, I'm pink obsessed!

ROMANCE MOVIES- I'm a complete sucker for romance. I love romantic movies- especially Bollywood  films: girl loves guy, guy loves girl, they sing some songs together (including a dream sequence), enter villain/s (typically girl's father/step-uncle/the village thug), lots of dishum-dishums with hero jumping of a 100-foot building and landing on his both feet, baddie dies, heroine runs towards hero in slow-motion, they embrace and love prevails! Oh, how I love drama! Anyhow, I spend the day watching romance movies, reclined on my sofa, with some low-fat snacks, curtains drawn, in front of my 50inch flat screen. I'm still in my PJ's. Total serenity.

AT-HOME FACIAL- My skin also deserves some pampering by the end of the week. I scrub my face with baking soda (it does wonders for my skin! It's like an at-home microdermabrasion!), and then apply a homemade face mask. This is usually a paste made of turmeric powder, honey and lemon juice. I leave this on for 20-30 mins, wipe of with a muslin cloth and then wash my face with cool water. This leaves my skin radiant, soft and... wait for it... GLOWING! I then enjoy a long, relaxing shower with a shower gel by Soap & Glory, as their bath and shower products smell absolutely delicious!

SWEET DREAMS- Feeling cleansed, pampered and relaxed, I get into bed, put some drops of lavender oil onto the side of my pillow (it has a calming effect and helps me sleep), and shut my eyes from the world (if I'm not on the phone that is).

Well, that's what my typical Sundays are about. And it's exactly how I like it. I enjoy my own company; I enjoy having the house to myself and I enjoy pampering myself. What are your Sundays like?!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! I would kill for such a weekend! Seriously, way too cool! ^_^ Your room looks straight out of Disney :) Beautiful! :)
    PS: You 've a super awesome blog here, loving your writing style :)
    Love,
    Namita <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much! Glad you like it! xx

      Delete