Sunday 10 June 2012

Random Banter: 'Prince Charming'

Do you believe in Prince Charming? Do you believe in 'The One'? I do. Yes, I'm a hopeless romantic. I believe finding love is fate. He may be someone you never expected. He could be rich, poor, tall, short...or even a huntsman.

I was watching 'Snow White and the Huntsman' whilst in Bedford the other day and I must say, I quite enjoyed it...unlike 'Mirror Mirror' which according to me was more of a spoof of the original fairytale. Admittedly, I prefer the generic version of this film where it's all lovey-dovey, pastel colours and lots of singing; however 'Snow White and the Huntsman' was a fresh take on the original story. The imagery in this film was brilliant- the evil queen's dark, decaying kingdom is brilliantly juxtaposed to the dwarves' enchanted forest, which is alive with fairies and curious creatures.

Source: Google Images

What's interesting is there are two love interests for Snow White in this film- the Duke's son William, and the Huntsman. Although Snow White didn't exactly choose any one of them at the end of the film, it is obvious that she had perhaps fallen in love with the Huntsman. And this made me think. Ideally, William would have been the Prince Charming in the original fairytale, however, he wasn't 'the one' in this film. It was the Huntsman. There is no true definition for Prince Charming.Yes, he could be anyone. He doesn't have to be perfect- just perfect for you. For Bella in Twilight, a vampire was her Prince Charming. In Beauty and the Beast, Belle falls in love with a beast, and only then does she learn that he is a handsome prince. So if you haven't found 'the one' yet, let go of the 'ideal man' expectations and you'll never know who turns out to be your prince!

Anyway, enough of my banter...and onto beauty talks. I recently received a free sample of Benefit's Porefessional Pro-balm in the latest issue of 'Glamour' magazine.



Oh how I love freebies! Don't we all?! I will be reviewing this in my next post so watch out for it! 'Till then, go and watch the movie 'Snow White and the Huntsmen' and let me know what you think of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment