Friday 15 June 2012

Lancome Photogenic Lumessence Foundation: Review

I dislike carrying excess weight. I hate being weighed down. Who doesn't? The main culprit is my handbag- I don't know why it's always so heavy- and believe me, it's not the money in my purse weighing me down.

Similarly, I don't really like wearing foundation. I feel like it weighs my face down. I've only started using a concealer recently, and it does a good enough job of covering any marks or blemishes so foundation is not really necessary for me. However, I do opt to wear foundation on special festivals and occasions- weddings, birthdays, parties etc, to achieve a more flawless look. And for me, nothing beats Lancome's Photogenic Lumessence foundation.


This foundation is described as a ''light-mastering and line-smoothing makeup'' providing ''14 hour comfort and SPF 15''. Thus it is one of those 'illuminating' foundations which contains light diffusing particles to hide lines and other imperfections, leaving a smooth and dewy finish. It is very moisturising on the skin, and as with most illuminating foundations, may not be suitable for oily skin.

When I first applied this foundation, I couldn't stop gaping into the mirror, in awe of my own reflection! And I say this as humbly as possible! My skin was flawless, smooth and even, and so SO GLOWING! It was as if I was staring at an airbrushed version of myself! Seriously! I bought this bottle in December, and I've only used it five or six times since then, but each time it has given me the same flawless, airbrushed effect, even in photos.


I purchased this in shade 03 which is perfect for my skin tone. It blends easily, and applies smoothly onto the skin. It provides light to medium coverage, which is perfect for my skin as it isn't heavy nor does it give the feeling of weighing down my skin; also, I don't have fine lines or dark marks so a heavier coverage is not needed. As for the claim that it provides 14 hour coverage- well, I can say that it lives up to this claim! Remember, when I said I fell asleep during my aunts wedding in this post? I was wearing this foundation. I had it on from 10am until way after midnight (and slept with it on half-way through the day!), WITHOUT touch-ups! However, I did use Benefit's That Gal primer prior to applying my foundation, which would have contributed to the staying power. Nevertheless, it works wonders on my skin! And it has SPF 15, which is a bonus. Need I say any more?!

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with normal-dry skin. Do you want smooth, flawless skin? Do you want a foundation with light-medium coverage, covering skin imperfections and fine lines? Do you want a dewy finish? Then this is the foundation for you!

The downside is that it is quite pricey- £28.50 from Boots, but seeing as one pump provides a full coverage of my face, it will last me a long time. I still prefer to have no foundation on, but it's a must for me on special occasions, as it gives me the perfect dewy look and makes my skin look amazing in pictures! I would definitely repurchase this foundation. 




RATING: 9.5/10




7 comments:

  1. Hi...liked the packaging of the foundation!! Its so cute right!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great...nice review.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks and sounds amazing! but i have oily skin, any non oily foundation recommendations for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend you use a mineral foundation as they are great for oily skin. I used to use a mineral foundation during my oily skin days by an online company called LILY LOLO. Clinique have also introduced an oil-free foundation which is a gel-cream in texture and creates a matte finish. Hope you find the perfect foundation :)

      Delete
  4. Woooow...seems like a great product...will definitely try!!

    ReplyDelete