Wednesday 12 November 2014

Bourjois Velvet Edition Rouge Lipstick in Nude-ist: Review and Swatch

I have an endless amount of lipsticks. Reds, pinks, a few purples and browns, nudes...I think there's an orange in the collection too... My husband can't seem to fathom why I need so many of the 'same shades' and why I keep purchasing more. There are many other things that he does not understand, like why I spend hundreds of pounds on makeup and then even more money on products that remove the makeup... Men!!



 I am absolutely loving the velvet edition rouge lipstick in the shade 'nude-ist'! Its the perfect nude, and creates that my-lips-but-better look. I love the velvety, smooth texture and it's completely matte without drying out the lips. I only have to apply this once and it literally lasts all day, even if I've been eating and drinking! It is opaque on first application but I prefer to apply a second layer to intensify the colour a little more.



I think this shade is universal and will suit everyone. It is a rose-pink toned nude, with a slight hint of brown. I would recommend exfoliating the lips prior to application as it does emphasis peeling skin. I would say it is worth the £8.99 price tag, and most of the time it is on 3 for 2 offer at boots. Definitely a thumbs up from me!


RATING: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment