Thursday 27 November 2014

Max Factor Masterpiece Transform Mascara: Review

I do not snore. I can't sleep next to heavy snorers. For me, having to listen to someone snore is a form of torture and I've been victim to it many, many times. It baffles me that people who snore don't actually believe they snore. I had a friend who used to sleep over at my place every now and then, and every morning when I expressed how tired I was because I couldn't sleep through her snoring (even plugging in headphones and listening to the sound of heavy raindrops and splashing waves, on full volume from Youtube didn't help me sleep), she would exclaim with utter shock and disbelief in her eyes, 'Really?! But I don't snore!' Seriously. It shocked her every time. Hubby Bee lightly snores sometimes, and I have to elbow him or push him to his side to get him to stop.

When I was about 7 months pregnant, I woke up to find Hubby Bee laughing. Apparently I was snoring like an elephant in heat, and it woke him up from sleep. And supposedly my snoring was louder than his brother's snoring (boy, his brother knows how to SNORE in capital letters). Obviously, I didn't believe him- I'm not a snorer! Ppfft! And then one night, something ghastly happened! I woke up to the sound of my own snoring! Can you believe it?! I was immediately wide awake, looking around thinking was that really me?! Only to find Hubby Bee shaking violently next to me. Laughing his head off. Recording me on his phone.


Just as a side note, the snoring was a temporary pregnant thing! I have now resumed back to being a non-snorer and continue to elbow the Mr. if I catch him snoring! Let's move on to my review. Today I am reviewing the Max Factor Masterpiece Transform mascara. I bought this recently from Boots using a £2 off coupon they had sent me. I'm a big fan of the False Lash Effect Mascara also by Max Factor, and no matter how many mascaras I try, I always come back to this one. However, being a make-up fanatic, I'm always on the hunt for something better. Alas, I was disappointed.



I bought this mascara as it has such good reviews and seems to be quite popular. Sadly, the Masterpiece Transform mascara does nothing special. The formula is too wet and even though the wand is thin,  it makes my lashes stick together, rather than separate them. I don't find it lengthens my lashes much, and neither does it do anything about the volume. I also found that due to its wet formula, it smudges easily which is really annoying when you've spent time doing your make-up, as I always apply mascara last. I feel the wand applies too much product which can make it messy and contribute to smudging.


Unfortunately, I really disliked this product. It simply did not work for me. Even a basic, cheaper mascara would work better than this. Definitely a thumbs down.



RATING: 1/10

No comments:

Post a Comment