Friday 14 November 2014

Pixi Glow Tonic: Review

How many times have we given into a hype and then realised it was not worth it at all?! I remember when everyone was so excited to upgrade their computer/laptop systems to windows vista, which had become such a hype at its release, only to realise it was an epic failure. When I was in school, it had become a sudden hype for all the girls to get their own website at freewebs.com...so we all created our own website and upload tons of pictures of ourselves, extremely excited by this new novelty...and then that was it. We realised it really wasn't that exciting at all.

I also gave into a hype not so long ago. The Pixi Glow Tonic has such a cult following; bloggers rave about it, many have recommended it and it's out of stock many times online, so I had to give in to my curiosity and see what the fuss was all about. My skin has become rather dull since after my recent pregnancy so I ordered myself a bottle of Pixi Glow Tonic, in hope for this promised 'glow'.



Pixi Glow Tonic is an exfoliating, alcohol free toner, suitable for most skin types, with ginseng and aloe vera as its key ingredients. It promises to help tone, firm and tighten the skin. Many reviewers have claimed it has dramatically helped reduce their acne, scarring and preventing blemishes; most they hype around this product is how much it makes their skin glow.



To my utter dismay, this for me was just one of those hyped products that just did not work out for me. I have been using it for almost 3 months, and having tried so hard to like it and look for results, this product did nothing for me that any other toner could not do. It removes the last of the dirt or cleanser off my face and that is all; oh and it smells pretty lovely. But all in all, a waste of £18. 

I personally would not recommend the Pixi Glow Tonic, but it is a very popular product and does seem to work for the majority, it just did not work for me. 

Now to find something that will do something about this dull skin of mine...any recommendations?!


RATING: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment